Monday, March 19, 2012

The world is full of love today.

There are so many reasons to be happy today. My nephew, Kai Joseph, was born this morning at 11:16. My sister and bro-in-law are over the moon, and I'm itching to get back down to Georgia for some serious kisses and face smooshing. This weekend started out chilly and overcast then opened up into the most beautiful Sunday. We helped friends move, ate amazing food, and spent time with Mike's cousin, showing them the ropes of Cambridge. It went too fast, but luckily the weather stayed put. I rode my bike to work for the first time this season, and stopped off at the library on my way home. Getting ready for work and winding down from the day with sunlight streaming in the windows has me all smiles.

I also finished sewing my very first dress this weekend! It has little ice cream cones all over it, and after I do a little more work to the back (first time with a zipper foot!), I'll be wearing that puppy to get ice cream every weekend. Or you know, every other weekend, or maybe frozen yogurt. Either way, I'm stoked and ready for the next one.

2 comments:

A "cheery" disposition said...

congrats on becoming an Aunt! I know when I found out my sissy had my little nephew I couldn't arrive fast enough to see him and once I did I didn't want to let him go.

Anna {dear friend} said...

Hi Mel!

Sounds like such a wonderful weekend-- congrats on your new nephew! SO EXCITING!

Love the bike riding, love the library stop, a job well done on the dress--- it's ADORABLE!!

Hooray for this amazing weather, right?? I hope it stays!