Thursday, March 8, 2012

Boyfriend loot.

Monday night I got a text from Mike that said, "Do you need another loaf pan? I found two at Sal's (his pet name for Salvation Army), a yellow and a clear Pyrex one." Two hours later I got a series of texts that revealed his loot: four Mason jars (with glass hinge lids!), both loaf pans (he does love my banana bread), and this bright and sunny orange daisy Pyrex mixing bowl. We've been storing stuff we buy for now since our current apartment is a little stuffed at the moment, but our first day in our new apartment I'm making us waffles in that bowl. Well, the batter anyway.

Today is a beautiful windy day in the 60s. Last night's walk to the bus stop after work was balmy; it felt like the first days of fall rather than the last days of winter. And even though there's overnight snow predicted, I'm soaking up today for what it is, whether that's a fluke or an omen.

Have you heard this song? I keep listening to it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a treasure to find someone who can thrift for you while you're not there! Very lucky.

My-cliffnotes said...

GREAT FINDS. Love that bowl.

Tab
my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com