Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Let me tell you what

Today I slept in until 8:15, had eggs for breakfast, drank two delicious pumpkin spice flavored cups of coffee, waited f.o.r.e.v.e.r. for my computer to do work things, cleaned up my room while those work things happened on my computer, finally got to give Mike a big hug (after two whole days!), hung our homemade stockings next to our homemade fire. Today I will wrap Mike's Christmas present, bake a sweet potato pie and banana bread for tomorrow, finish work at five and immediately drink a Sierra Nevada Autumn Tumbler in celebration of the holiday weekend, go bowling with Mike and Meg and stay out late. 

I'm thankful for patience (usually the patience others have for me), for blankets on rainy cold days, for awesome email chains, and rejuvenated friendships. I'm thankful for library notices in my email telling me that the zombie book I want to read has arrived. I'm thankful for four day weekends, and productive days working from home. I'm thankful for the ability to work from home, for brownies for breakfast, for my boyfriend who cleans out under the bathroom sink while I pout because my computer is too slow.

I'm so sappy and introspective these days, and I'm thankful for that.

No comments: