Friday, September 9, 2011

A little encouragement goes a long way.

A little encouragement goes a long way. Yesterday (all week, really) I've felt mixed up and scatterbrained because of my current status of "looking" in the job market. Today I received a phone call and an email requesting further chats about positions I'm interested in. I also applied to SCVNGR, a local start-up that makes games out of the everyday, as a creative writer. I mean, who knew a job title like that even existed?! I'm giddy from how much fun the application and cover letter were.

Mike is heading over after work (which is in about six minutes... oh the joys of being a teacher!), and I'm antsy for the weekend to begin. This will be my first weekend where the deadlines that await on the other side will interfere with sleeping in. I'm actually kind of looking forward to waking up early, sipping coffee, and being productive on my off days.
Dear Job Search: You are proving way less stressful than a year and a half ago, and I am thankful to be in the position to choose a job I am genuinely passionate about rather than out of complete necessity. Dearest Jenna: You are always so encouraging, reminding me that I am awesome, talented, and a complete asset to every company I proposition. You make me feel like I could do anything! Dear UPS: You were sent straight from the Universe to taunt me. I know you did not ring my doorbell this morning, but I will bike down to your Somerville offices to pick up my package because almost a month without Internet puts these little hiccups into perspective. Thank you for letting me talk to an actual person instead of an automated response. It's the little things. Dearest 1369: Oh, I have missed you. The coffee was perfect this morning, and despite my tight budget, I still have feelings for you. Don't tell Mike: I can't wait to make stuffed french toast, banana bread, and finally try Roxy's Grilled Cheese food truck! Also, other things that don't involve food that escape me now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

xo, Mel.

No comments: