Thursday, September 8, 2011

Goodbyes.

Tomorrow is the VP of my department's last day. He's moving on, and while that's exciting news for him, it's a little bittersweet on our end. There's a bit of "restructuring" happening, and we're losing another member of our team to Corporate Marketing (doesn't that just drum up all different shades of gray and itchy suits?). She and I have been combing the web for newer and more exciting opportunities, just in case the restructure doesn't turn out to be a good fit. It's making for some interesting days, some discouraging days, and some downright frustrating days. The truth is, it's difficult to be happy where you are if you're constantly looking for another place to be. I keep struggling with figuring out what I want to do with my life that I fear I'm missing what I'm doing with my life, right now. All I know is that I want my next step to be a wise one, not one made out of fear or confusion or desperation. Luckily, I have that luxury afforded to me right now. Who would I be if I didn't take advantage of my position to make a slow and informed decision? So I'm going to take a step back, make a lot of lists, revisit my resume and my dream jobs before I make any more moves.

We also took him out to lunch and I ate way too much. Thoughts of heading home, taking off my wet socks, and curling up with some soup and Jenna are what's getting me through the rest of the afternoon.

No comments: