Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Tunes.

My roommates used to tease me for listening to mellow music (think Jack Johnson and Ingrid Michaelson) when we'd get ready to go out dancing. Does that amp you up? It sounds depressing, I'd hear mixed in with Talking Heads or Jay Z in the background. But the truth is, mellower music clears my head, puts me in the mood that I associate with the time in my life I first heard it, and gets me ready to be around 150 other sweaty, drunk people. Well, you know what I mean. But this summer, especially this past week, has been so hot I can't help but listen to music that was recorded before air conditioners were in every commercial building and a little sweat didn't embarrass anybody. So sit outside, grab an ice cube to rub on your face, and listen to this summertime playlist.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments: