Tuesday, July 26, 2011

NOLA-bound.

One of my closest friends moved down to New Orleans a few years ago after college. She's attending grad school at Tulane and working, and she's really made it a home. She's taken up performative hula hooping and performed in parades and at circuses. She's pretty impressive, and I miss her dearly. Several reunions in Philly or New York have eased the heartbreak of being away from a close friend, but I've yet to make a trip down to see her with her new backdrop.

Until today. With the help of another dear friend who is also visiting New Orleans with me, I purchased my flights to go down to Louisiana for the very first time the weekend before my birthday. I can't express how excited I am right now, and how unproductive the thought of September is making me. It'll be the beginning of fall, Mike will be almost moved in, and I'll be turning the big 2-5. It's a season that I'm content and giddy just anticipating, so I can't imagine how great it's going to be.

I can't wait to...
1. I've made beignets from a mix bought at Cafe du Monde, and I've had a cup of chicory coffee. Now it's time to do all of that with the scent and sounds of bayou nearby. Photo via
2. I can't wait to see and learn some of her tricks on the hula hoop in her favorite park or just walking down the street. Photo via.
3. While I don't intend to actually lindy hop while I'm there, I hope to do something that could crudely pass as lindy hopping before collapsing into a chair and watching the crowd. Photo via.

No comments: