Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Momma said.

Today is one of those days. When you wake up, unsuspecting that in a few hours you'll be in a funk and as the day progresses, despite what actually happens, you'll find yourself becoming funkier and funkier. And not in a good way.

It's the first sunny and beautiful day since Saturday morning (the temperature dropped a good twenty degrees by Saturday afternoon), and the fact that I feel like I'm wasting it on this bad mood is frustrating me even more.

Here are all the reasons I shouldn't be in a funk:

1. I have a good job.

2. It's a beautiful day outside.

3. I'm halfway to the weekend! And I got a free bagel today!

4. I have chocolate pretzels in my desk drawer. (For emergencies only.)

5. I sat at my favorite coffeeshop for a couple hours last night and churned out two fresh stories. Though not completed, they are promising and the first heartbeats from a less-than-active pulse lately.

6. Mike might be coming to visit tonight!

7. I figured out what dress I'm wearing to my friend's wedding in June, and I know what shoes I'm going to buy to wear with it!

8. I was tempted to drink a root beer with lunch but overcame my moment of weakness and feel great about the decision.

9. I read a really great story in this week's issue of The New Yorker. (Find it here.)

10. I had an informal review with my boss today, and he used words like "impressed" and "great."

11. And, just for the hell of it, I'm in love!

Phew. I actually feel a bit better. Sometimes it just takes focusing on the good to stop staring so damn hard at the bad. So what should you be looking at on this fine day?

No comments: