Tuesday, May 24, 2011

2,500 things.

I'm turning 25 this year. Not until September and not a big deal, I know. But still, a big deal. I want to do something big for it, and I'm not talking go on a long bar crawl or eat 100 hot dogs. I'm talking something that will make me look back in my future years and think, Yeah, that was a good idea. 

One of those things was this blog. I want to start cataloging my life better. I want to keep track, I want to write about real things as well as fake things in my fiction. I want to keep a diary of how I'm doing with my fiction writing, with my daily life, with friendships, and the ever-evolving thing that is my career. And to piggy-back on that, I want to keep track of all of the things that make me happy in this (almost) quarter of a century that I've been alive. Stealing an idea from The Quiet Life of Violet, I'm shooting for 2500 things that make pause and go, Thanks. So here goes, in no particular order:

1. Quiet nights in with best friends.

2. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream barwiches. (I don't know what they are, but think Klondike bar.)

3. Rediscovering that sports can be fun and not too competitive.

4. Library afternoons.

5. Handwritten letters.

6. A really, really good short story.

7. White Christmas tree lights all year round.

8. Framed photos as gifts.

9. Falling asleep singing to myself at 10:30 at night.

10. Rows and rows and rows of books.

So what are you thankful for in whatever year of yours this is?
(Photo via)

No comments: