Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Things not to do.

Confession: I've done many more than 1 thing that I shouldn't. For this purpose, however, I'll just talk about what I did last night.

I'm not a big shopper, or at least that's what I tell myself. But sometimes, when I'm feeling blegh about my body or I want to feel comfortable and confident, I get this ridiculous urge to buy a new dress. My fashion "sense" is pretty much t-shirt and jeans (+ cardigan, weather permitting) or a dress (+ tights, weather permitting). It's pretty easy to be me, but it's even easier to fall into a rut and feel like a big bag of blugh when it comes to how I look. I also haven't had a hair cut in quite some time, after two botched bang jobs I'm being safe and saving money, so I think that adds to it.

So last night, I hopped off the train at Hynes and popped into Forever21. Do not do this. I only spent about 20-something bucks, but I felt horrible the whole night afterward. I felt guilty and beat myself up for not being able to save money.

Silver lining: While I decided this morning that I don't actually want the dress and that I will return it upon first chance, I'm really glad I bought these maroon leggings (which I'm wearing right now). It wasn't as big a deal as I made it in my mind last night, and these are the lessons 20-somethings are learning (for the most part), and I should count myself lucky that these whims aren't crippling. While I'm not the richest, I have so many things to be thankful for. Jenna reminded me that this time of year is the worst time to shop, because most people pack on the pounds during the winter. I nodded my head in agreement as I ate a free bagel at work.

I finally put my review up on The Daily Genoshan, which took some of pressure off of things I have yet to do. Today is 5x500 day, so I'm going to write a little something that hopefully can serve as a jumping off point for my Writles submission for next week. Fingers crossed to the creativity gods! Read some Jung on the train this morning and didn't fall asleep! I was very proud of myself. Tonight is dinner with Meg and hopefully a meet-up with Jenna after her dinner with KMo. Tomorrow it's back to the Lud. Pretty stoked.

No comments: