Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Moments of silence.

I had my first moments of alone time yesterday afternoon for the first time in a while. It wasn't until I was sitting alone in my room that I realized how long it had been. Everything in my apartment was still and silent. I panicked a bit, and felt an overwhelming sense of loneliness. It's scary how quickly I can change: My status quo, my preferences, my level of skill at being alone. After the initial shock to the system passed, I wrote a letter to my grandma, baked cupcakes for Jordan's birthday, and watched some of a bad movie on Netflix. Then Meg, Tom, Jordan and I had dinner, cupcakes, and a game of The Office Clue (Thanks, Mike!).

Today it's back to the office and commutes and cold weather. I have a significant amount of work to do considering I'm taking Thursday and Friday for Keenan and Derek's visit, but I just spent a chunk of time looking through non-IT related blogs. Shh.

Tonight is Jordan's last night, and tomorrow is Bagel Wednesday and Mel night before Mike returns. Aside from laundry and a solo underwear dance party, I plan to read more of Memories, Dreams, Reflections and revise a story for the Redivider contest coming up on March 1st.

No comments: