Thursday, April 19, 2012

Silent, beautiful days.

This has been one of those weeks where I never feel like I stop moving. Mike has been home for April vacation, and I've been working from home, taking full advantage of our office renovations. I have a feeling after life goes back to normal next week and Mike's back at work, I'll be heading into the office for some human interaction and a reason to put on clean underwear. WHAT, YOU DON'T NEED A REASON TO DO THAT I GUESS YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME.

As you can see, I need some practice interacting with humans.

I ordered some colorful zippers from zipit on etsy last week, and I've been an odd-shaped bag making machine. I made a couple matching ones for me sister and niece, one for my friend's birthday (currently en route to Chicago!), and one for my pens and pencils (it was the prototype). I already have a request from Meg, so I have another excuse to get crafty this weekend. I had to bow out from another writing group meeting this last week, and I'm trying to not get too down on myself about my lack of writing/inspiration/productivity in anything but work these days. Sometimes you just have to put your head down and get what needs to get done done. Then you can bake and go for walks without tights and drink margaritas before 5 pm. But before then you can only allow yourself enough breaks to take Instagrams, eat lunch, and ramble on your blog.

You know what I mean? Me neither.

From left to right, top to bottom: 1) A sunglasses case gift for Nabila; 2) My fan looking all weird; 3) HOMEMADE BIRTHDAY CAKE OREO ICE CREAM. THIS HAPPENED. 4) The beginnings of homemade sweet potato corned beef hash; 5) Wise tea; 6) Homemade iced coffee in an attempt to save money rather than visit 1369 every day; 7) My new Cuppow! Turns a mason jar into a to-go iced drink cup! Designed in Somerville, MA! 8) Birthday cake Oreos! 9) My second day working from home. I've digressed to cereal; 10) Homemade lamb shawarma; 11) How-to make Peter Pan collars. On my to-do list; 12) Stormy skies from my home office. 

No comments: