Thursday, February 16, 2012

Everything we say we'll do.

Last night was Valentine's Day II: dinner at Koreana (Korean BBQ is amazing), candlepin bowling and beer at Sacco's Bowl Haven, then homemade peanut butter cup ice cream at home and cuddling on the couch. It was fun giving Mike his scratch tickets with each new clue and seeing his face light up when he realized what each new thing was. We've been saying we wanted to go to Koreana for a while now--same for Sacco's--and last night was as good an excuse as any. Funny story about Koreana's BBQ: the servers cook the food for you. However, I was under the impression that we were in charge of the cooking. So there was an uncomfy moment when I was moving the meat around and the server walked up. I took the hint and put the tongs down, which she promptly picked up and, you know, did her job. (I'd even sent a text to Jenna asking what we were supposed to do, or not do, but she didn't respond in time.) I was only embarrassed until I took the first bite; there's no embarrassment in heaven. 

Candlepin bowling is not easy, but it is fun. And nothing beats looking ridiculous with your boot socks sticking out of bowling shoes. This morning I slept in until 7 and decided to take the later bus to work (the 8:26 instead of the 8:06) so I could make some oatmeal and coffee and have some quiet moments before the day started. Mike and I stopped at the library last night before the festivities and I picked up Congenial Spirits: The Selected Letters of Virginia Woolf. Lately I just want to read and write letters, and I always mean to pick up a book of letters from a great female writer. I guess these days I'm finally getting around to all those things I always said I'd do. What's next? Europe? 

No comments: