Friday, January 20, 2012

(365 Chances) #7: Sew a cover for my Kindle.

So I lied about write, write, writing last night. Instead I spent the night sew, sew, sewing. Which isn't to say the night was bust, in fact, it turned out to be very productive despite the wine and How I Met Your Mother happening simultaneously. I started the cover for my Kindle (based on the iPad case tutorial from Maggie Makes), which I have since decided to rip apart a little and start over. It's always hard to realize that you messed up--especially with my incessant desire to be finished--but the satisfaction of something well-made and an improvement in skills always trumps the extra time and focus on detail.

I also repurposed a sweater I bought at Frida Bee, which luckily shrunk a little when I washed and dried it. I cut out a big piece of fleece leftover from making stockings for Christmas and handstitched a big heart on it. I love the vibrant colors and the coziness of the felt. I borrowed one of my roommate's red tank tops and have been walking around the office with my heart on my…chest.

For the second time this week, right before bed, I noticed that it was snowing! I can't wait for the skies to just open up and dump it out on us. My office has renovations approaching, so I'm hoping a nice big snowstorm will coincide with my working from home days.

I'm so excited it's the weekend again, though it seems that four day weeks always seem to last the longest. On the docket is searching for a '20s Valentine's Day costume, getting loads of practice fabric from the Garment District's $1/pound area, grocery shopping, and lots of reading and cuddles. I'll probably throw some baking in there as well. 

Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Love the sewing projects, good job!