Monday, November 14, 2011

'Tis the season-ish.

We did it! After spending the whole weekend with it hanging over our heads, we finally booked our plane tickets to Georgia for Christmas (well, right after Christmas for Mike). I'm glad to have that crossed off my to-do list, but I'm avoiding figuring out how long it'll take to pay off the credit charge.

So, in a little over a month I'll be headed back to Georgia to see this little munchkin:

I love the very visible digression of her patience with photos.

This weekend was wonderful. From a date night to a Saturday-long double date with Jennatron and multiple coffee shop hang out sessions, I feel refreshed and, for the first time in a while, as though the weekend was long enough. I finally finished a draft of a story and sent it out to my writing group, which is a major accomplishment these days. I haven't been making my writing the priority it ought to be, so it felt good to plant ourselves at Lyndell's and tap away at my computer with Mike's smiling face just across the table from me.

Then we went to the mall so I could buy black jeans. I love that wonderful, patient man.

I'm currently fighting off a weird cold thing that includes a scratchy throat, congestion in my chest, and waves of heat that make me want to take my temperature when I get home. 'Tis the season, I suppose. I plan to hole up in my apartment watching Mad Men and Gilmore Girls, reading submissions for tomorrow's writing group, writing my final piece for TNGG: Boston, and eating a $5 pizza from Oggi's in Harvard Square. Take that, Monday!

No comments: