Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Call me grandma.

Yup, that's what I did last night. I picked up fixins for crockpot chili, then headed home for some Christmas gift making. It was awesome. I spent the night watching The New Girl and knitting, crocheting, drawing, and sewing. And, you know, making myself a sweatshirt.

Mike is really sick right now, with a fever of 102 F. It's reminding me of the days when he had mono, days when the distance is the absolute worst and I worry more than I ever thought I would bother. I just hope he's able to come home tomorrow so we can eat chili together and snuggle and I can be sure he's drinking enough water and not passed out in the bathroom from dehydration.

It always seems like this time of year goes fastest because it's all planned out, right down to the dates and times. I felt that way about this summer, too, as the weekends filled up months in advance. I just want to be sure that I leave room for plan changes, for flexibility, for whims.

No comments: