Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A smooth start.

Good morning! Today started off a little different: I woke up late and decided in my sleepy haze to work from home today. I made a delicious tomato soup last night and while at the grocery store, I bought supplies for a strawberry smoothie. I was so excited for it that I didn't want to let a little late start keep me from it. So I'm lounging on the chaise from Mike's couch that we moved into the living on Sunday night and getting some work done. Turns out the sun decided to join us today as well, so I'll be going for a walk to the library this afternoon before my writing group for sure. My soup turned out so delicious last night, and it was exactly what I needed on such a dreary day. I'll be sharing that recipe later on. For now, enjoy this simple strawberry banana smoothie:

What you'll need:
5 whole frozen strawberries 
1 whole banana, peeled
4 tablespoons lowfat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup fat free milk
4 ice cubes
A blender

Simply toss all of your ingredients into the blender and pulse until your ice cubes are broken up, then blend until it's reached the consistency you like.

I've been eating too much ice cream lately, so I'm thinking of adding a few chocolate chips to this recipe for some dessert tonight.

No comments: