Friday, July 1, 2011

What a week.

Guh, it's been a great week. My boss has been on vacation, so I've worked from home everyday except Wednesday (to break up the week and take advantage of Bagel Wednesday at the office). I got a little cabin fever after Tuesday, so yesterday I packed a picnic and ate lunch on the lawn in front of the library. I worked most of the afternoon on their patio, sitting in the sun with a great breeze. Today, Meg and I biked to a coffeeshop and had some delicious croissants, and I've been working on their wifi all afternoon. The smell of the fresh croissants is a little too tempting, so I'll probably head home in a bit. I haven't seen Mike since last Friday, but it's been such a great week of relaxation and me time.

Last night, some of Meg's coworkers came over to celebrate a birthday. There was homemade sangria, cookies, and a trip to City Girl Cafe for a late night dinner and wine. It was so refreshing to be in a group of new women, exercising my quickly atrophying social skills, and going out on a work night. What was especially nice was heading home right after and being in my bed within five minutes.

This weekend is a trip to Philly for some dancing, fireworks, and pool time. Mike and I are reunited tomorrow, and some friends are coming for brunch. I'm pretty stoked to have a three-day weekend ahead of me, but I must admit I feel pretty refreshed after this past week. Can't complain when I feel this good before the week's even over.

Happy Fourth of July, and see you on the flipside!

No comments: