Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Twinkies + Ice Cream = My Weekend

This weekend is my boyfriend's birthday. For some reason, whenever it's someone I love's birthday, I feel it's my responsibility to make a cake. And since this is the first time I've ever had a significant someone on the day commemorating their birth, I gotta make this one good.

My first major undertaking for a kick-ass birthday cake was my good friend Crunchy's (short for Crunch Granola, a loving nickname) 21st birthday. She loves chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches with all of her tree-hugging heart, and so I made her one. A huge one, which we hacked away at for a good week or so after her party.



And so, for Mike's birthday, I plan to make another overly-large ice cream cake except in imitation of his favorite ice cream: Herrell's Twinkie ice cream.

Please, enjoy my paint skills.
So, my major undertaking for this week (hopefully Friday while he's at work), is to make a larger-than-life Twinkie stuffed with vanilla ice cream that has frosting and cake bits mixed in.

Wish me luck, and keep an eye out for pictures of the process/finished product on Friday! I'll take tips or suggestions in the comments section or on Twitter, please!

What are your most memorable birthday cakes or celebrations?

No comments: