Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Short story month!

May is Short Story Month, and all of the chatter about stories around Twitter and Tumblr and Facebook has me aching to get to writing and reading! Tonight I have Writles reading, and then hopefully hours of getting lost in writing. I requested a few books from the library today, and I'm so close to finishing Joyce Carol Oates' memoir, A Widow's Story (highly recommended). I'll be writing a review for that for this Friday at the Daily Genoshan, and I need to write a little something for 5x500.

I've been trying some spring cleaning in all areas of my life. Last Friday I woke up at 7 am and cleaned the whole apartment. We're talking dishes, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing the tub, the whole deal. Then I opened the windows and let the breeze remove the cleaning product smell. It was perfect and invigorating! I'm trying to apply that go get it attitude to other areas of my life as well: Eating, exercising, reading, writing. I want to clear out the things that I've let build up out of pure laziness (and I'll blame a little bit on the weather) and get rid of those bad habits. I've been struggling lately with where my head has been in regards to my career and ambitions, and I definitely think this is a push in the right direction.

Hopefully short story month + spring cleaning = hurry, summer!

That said, I can't wait to try the recipe for these Citrus Bars over at From Scratch!

No comments: