Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Moving on up!


Today's the day! As I type this, my roommates are in the process of moving out, which means I'll be sleeping in a much bigger room tonight! I'm sad to see them go, but they're off to bigger and better things, so I can't help but be excited for them as well.

Mike's coming after work today, and we'll start shimmying my stuff into the room with four windows instead of one and much more elbow room. I can set up the desk I'm inheriting with the sewing machine I'm inheriting. I did a little research last night and discovered this Home Ec e-course offered by some of my favorite bloggers. At first $60 seemed steep, but once I looked at the course outline, I was convinced that it's a good deal. Hopefully I'll be able to register for that by mid-June and get started on learning how to sew! I can't wait. This year's goals are to be more self-sufficient and thrifty. I want to learn to make my own clothes, alter clothes that have fallen out of use, and recycle old clothes to make quilts or curtains. I'm always inspired by these ladies' projects, and I can't wait to get some insight into their processes. Eee!!

The weather is still beautiful today, sunny and breezy, and I'm enjoying some sunshine and iced coffee from down the street. How's your Tuesday going?

No comments: