Monday, March 7, 2011

Back in the 'Bridge.

As usual, the weekend went too fast. Here I am, back in Auburndale. The rest of our weekend was pretty awesome. Saturday we went to the Eric Carle Museum. He's the author and illustrator of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and they had other exhibits with illustrations from other children's books. Some of our favorites were I Still Hate to Read! and How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? Afterward, we browsed the bookstore and saw the most impressive Alice in Wonderland pop-up book ever. Maybe someday I'll write children's books. I bought some postcards to send to Nabi and Dad, and then we headed to Northhampton for a sober romp.

We had planned out all of our meals for the weekend, but by this point we were hungry, so we decided to get a bowl of soup and some Herrell's ice cream to hold us over. A cup of clam chowder (tomato basil cheddar for Mike), a cup of coffee, and a cup of cookies 'n' cream (Twinkie ice cream for Mike) later, we were satisfied and headed over to Faces. Guh. We spent a good hour or two browsing the rando but awesome stuff they have, took pictures in the (overpriced but worth it) photobooth (hello, new bookmark!), and laughed pretty hard over a book called Cake Wrecks. There's a blog, too, that I want to check out, though I'm nervous to do so at work. The book had me crying, borderline hyperventilating, and overheating in my coat. God bless Mike for standing next to me while I freaked out.

I bought Makani a Yo Gabba Gabba! tub set, and Mike got some mugs for his apartment. We headed home and made some delicious Portuguese rice, chorizo from his landlord's store, and baguette. OH, and homemade peanut butter cups. That's right, straight from Delightfully Tacky's recipe. We also made a huge one that did not get eaten. I'm heading back to the Lud on Thursday night since March is a hectic month with visitors at my apartment, so I'm trying to get as much Lud + Mike time in before then. Maybe we'll crack into that bad boy on Saturday night, when Mike plans to make fake Goten noodles. Maybe he'll get to show off his seasoning juggling skills.

I was feeling a little out of it last night after our impromptu two hour nap (guh), so I wasn't too social at bowling. I felt like a bummer and a weirdo, so hopefully I'll be more awake and make a better impression this weekend.

Yesterday before bowling and the infamous nap, Mike and I got some work done, and I made a little progress in Memories, Dreams, Reflections, and I made some more on the train this morning. It's actually growing on me, and I'm picking up speed.

Tonight is reorganizing my life and my brain with a quiet night in: Laundry, dinner, catching up on Writles reading/writing, and an early night to bed. Ploughshares' contest ends next week, so I better get cracking on my story! My first issue of the Paris Review came while I was away, so I plan to crack that open at some point tonight.

I'm taking the bus to Ludlow Thursday so maybe I'll get some quality reading/writing time in then, too.

Mmm, homemade peanut butter cups. I love practicing for my future bakery.

No comments: