Friday, August 3, 2012

Hello, August.

I know everyone always says this, but I can't believe August is actually here. I spent so much of July wishing for its end so Mike and I could visit Georgia, then for August so we could move into our new apartment. After much anticipation, it's strange to look around and see those things in the past and in the present.

We got the keys to our new place on Tuesday and promptly started moving things in. Mike took advantage of his days off moving boxes over while I was at work. Today he's in Western Mass getting the rest of his stuff from storage and tomorrow is our last push and Ikea run. I can't believe it! I'm so excited to get started making curtains and getting settled.

Our trip to Georgia was relaxing and all too quick, as usual. There just isn't enough time to split between my grandparents' house and my sister's. We did some sightseeing in Senoia where they're filming The Walking Dead, ate lots of my mom's good cooking, and played Guess Who? countless times. I'm so happy these days, so filled with love and excitement for everyday.

Hello, August. Hello our first (and possibly last) trip to the beach. Welcome, first apartment and days of just us. Dinners on the back porch, bike rides to Walden Pond, feverish sewing and settling, early mornings, a new writing routine, a farm wedding, camping, and that urgent, tugging feeling that summer-is-almost-over-let's-do-all-we-can-to-slow-it-down.

And now--and instadump.

No comments: