Thursday, February 9, 2012

Early Thursday mornings.


I'm sure I've mentioned that I'm a morning person. I blame my dad. For as long as I can remember, he's always up when I get up, no matter how early I think it is. This past Christmas, there were twelve people in one, albeit large, cabin, so I took the mornings for myself. I woke before everyone else (well, almost), made coffee, and read while the sun rose from behind the mountain. The mornings that my dad was there, he was already up waiting for me, sipping coffee, and reading a book. I'm so glad I inherited his appreciation for the small, quiet hours of the day.

Today I woke with Mike at 5:35, packed my stuff for a Ludlow weekend so he could take it with him, showered, and headed into the office really early so I can head out by four and catch a bus west this afternoon. With all of the apartment headaches (that are finally subsiding, thank goodness!), it'll be nice to have a mini vacation with trips to Joann's, small town brunches, and a jump on hanging with Philly friends who'll be in town for the weekend. Mike's taking a sick day tomorrow, so he'll be lounging with me while I work from home.

1 comment:

Ashley Slater said...

hey you were supposed to do your short story today! obviously i was looking forward to yours since you can you know, actually WRITE :)

have a fun mini vacation!

xo,
ash