Friday, December 23, 2011

Staying up past midnight!

You know, I just realized that I never made a Christmas wishlist this year. Granted, Christmas has gradually become less stuff-centered and more quality time centered over the past few years (the joy of tight budgets will always hone your focus), but I realized today that my secret desire for an Instax Mini has remained a secret.

All I really wanted was for Mike to meet the fam, a nice long holiday in Georgia, time spent with Cyndi in a bathroom (she knows what I mean, and I forgive her for not delivering), to give a majority of handmade gifts, an Instax Mini, and a sewing machine. Lucky for me, I'm checking most of those off, no list required.

I've stayed up pretty late the past few nights, for no good reason at all. Today I woke up at 630 with my dad and headed to Starbucks in Peachtree City for some early morning coffee and dad talk. It was great, and one of my favorite unspoken traditions of my trips home. I definitely inherited the early bird gene from him, and we usually find at least one day to wake before the sun and sneak off for some quality father/daughter time.

Also accomplished today:

- Quenched my Chickfila biscuit thirst
- Hung out with Bea, Jeremiah, and Mak
- Finished Jaye's scarf, and Joe's coffee cozy
- Watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Christmas Vacation
- And received an entire box of Little Debbie christmas tree cakes from Bea!

Yes, I'd say the holidays have officially begun.

Oh, and two more things: an old favorite revisited and what I'll always want for Christmas (a reading nook).


No comments: