Thursday, September 29, 2011

26 before 26.

Today I turn 25 years old. It's funny, when I was in high school, it always felt as though 2004 (my grad year) would never come. It was as though life would stretch on without ever reaching what I saw as the end point. The year came and went. I graduated from high school, transferred colleges twice before finding the perfect fit (call me Goldilocks), moved 1,100 miles away, and I haven't felt it stop since. I fell in love (!!), found a real job, had my first story (now stories) published. I'm doing things I never thought I would do. I finally made it to New Orleans; I've visited so many new cities this year, a goal realized before I even recognized that it was happening. I trust that this year will bring so many things I can hardly expect or anticipate right now, on the cusp of a brand new year, but I thought I'd make some tangible goals for myself in the upcoming year for the inevitable stalls. It's a pretty small number, so let's make them count.




Thanks to the love Amy Morby for these free banners!


No comments: