Wednesday, June 29, 2011

5 Things About Me

I saw this post over at Campfire Chic and thought I'd share a few things my About Me page doesn't cover.

1. I cry easily. If you know me personally, you're probably laughing right now, not because you're mean-spirited, but because those three words are understatement of the year. There is no rhyme or reason for my waterworks, but some surefire tearjerkers are other people crying, a happy movie, a sad movie, something really frustrating, a moment of pure fear... you get the point.
That's a teardrop on my face after a speech by a complete stranger at a friend's wedding.
2. I enjoy my alone time. I'm sounding like a real winner here, I know. But a nice afternoon of SSR (sustained silent reading) time or a quiet dinner on my back porch is just the fuel I need after a hectic day. Also, who says you can't go to a movie by yourself (aside from my budget, which pretty much bans all movies other than library rentals)?

3. Ice cream is my favorite food. If it wouldn't ensure immediate lactose intolerance, I'd eat ice cream twice a day. I have been known to sneak a bite in the mornings before work. Don't ask me my favorite flavor; I love them all equally.

4. I was born on an island. I was born on Guam; my dad was stationed there with the Navy and my mom was a hot island chick. I lived on neighboring Saipan for three-ish years when I was younger, and I still remember it well. I'd love to go back, though I'm not sure I ever will. 
Image via 
5. I have too many things I want to do with my life. These include opening a bakery, becoming a lounge singer, teaching English, writing a collection of short stories, editing a literary magazine, and owning and operating a farm.

For fun...
Currently listening to For Emma by Bon Iver
Currently reading The Year We Left Home by Jean Thompson
Currently wearing a gifted dress from French Connection and a Target cardigan, sandals from Payless
Current location is my desk at my office
Currently on my to-do list: Finish reading my book and write a review; get film from Kavi's wedding developed; assemble the newsletter for work.

3 comments:

becky said...

i'm with ya there on the ice cream :) i've had it for breakfast with very little shame. it's dairy, right?

Mel said...

Haha Becky, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

C said...

IM CRYING READING THIS! I love that we share that one. It's also so fulfilling reading this and knowing them all but still being surprised reading them. Like somehow seeing them in print made them real instead of just things that make you you. I love it and you! (and now I'm totally doing this on my blog!)